Table of Contents
- Information Collection
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Use of Information
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- International Data Transfers
- User Rights and Choices
- Third-Party Links and Services
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Information
Section 1: Information Collection
In order to provide you with our managed WordPress hosting services and enhance your experience, Privatenode LLC collects various types of personal information. The information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Account Information: When you sign up for our services, we collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, company name (if applicable), billing address, and payment information.
- Technical Information: We collect technical data related to your use of our services, such as your IP address, domain name, website usage data, server logs, and information about your device, browser, and operating system.
- Usage Information: We gather information about your interactions with our website and services, including page views, clicks, time spent on pages, navigation paths, and other related usage data.
- Customer Support and Communication: When you contact our customer support or engage in any other communication with us, we may collect and store the content of those communications, including your contact information and any other information you choose to provide.
- Third-Party Integrations: If you choose to connect your account with third-party services, we may receive additional information from those services, such as your account ID or profile information, subject to the privacy policies and permissions of those services.
- Information from Other Sources: We may also obtain relevant information about you from other sources, such as publicly available databases or third-party partners, and combine it with the information we collect from you.
Section 2: Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files placed on your device by websites you visit. They help us remember your preferences, analyze website performance, and deliver personalized content and advertisements.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, are small electronic images embedded in web pages or emails that allow us to track user actions and website traffic.
- Log Files: Log files automatically record certain information, such as IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and clickstream data, which helps us analyze trends, administer the website, and improve our services.
Please note that we do not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals, as there is no industry-standard approach to compliance with DNT at this time.
Section 3: Use of Information
Privatenode LLC collects and uses personal information for the purposes of providing and improving our managed WordPress hosting services, communicating with clients, and complying with legal obligations. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Account Management: We use your personal information to create and manage your account, process payments, provide technical support, and communicate with you about your account.
- Service Improvement: We may use your personal information to analyze how users interact with our website and services, develop new features, improve existing services, and personalize your experience.
- Marketing Communications: With your consent, we may use your personal information to send you newsletters, promotional materials, and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you.
- Legal Obligations: We may use your personal information to comply with legal requirements, such as responding to court orders, subpoenas, or government requests, and enforcing our legal rights.
- Protection of User Privacy: We will NEVER sell your private data to a third-party without your express permission.
- Other Purposes: We may also use your personal information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
Section 4: Information Sharing and Disclosure
At Privatenode LLC, we are committed to protecting your personal information and we do not share your information with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below:
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with trusted third-party service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as payment processing, data storage, website analytics, and customer support. These service providers are contractually obligated to use your personal information only for the purposes of providing the services to us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose your personal information if required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, court order, or government request, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Privatenode LLC, our clients, or others.
- With Your Consent: We may share your personal information with third parties if you provide us with your express consent to do so.
Section 5: Data Security
Privatenode LLC takes the security of your personal information seriously and we take reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We implement a variety of technical and organizational security measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your information, including:
- Encryption: We use industry-standard encryption protocols, such as SSL/TLS, to protect your personal information when it is transmitted between your device and our servers.
- Access Controls: We restrict access to your personal information to authorized personnel who have a legitimate business need to access that information.
- Data Storage: We store your personal information on secure servers that are protected by firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other technical safeguards.
- Employee Training: We provide our employees with training on information security awareness and regularly review and update our security practices.
- Third-Party Vetting: We vet all third-party service providers before engaging with them to ensure they meet our security standards and obligations.
Despite these measures, no security system is completely foolproof, and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of your personal information. It is important for you to take steps to protect your personal information as well, such as keeping your login credentials secure and not sharing them with others.
If you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account or personal information, please notify us immediately so that we can take prompt action to investigate and remediate the situation.
Section 6: Data Retention
The specific retention periods for different types of personal information may vary depending on the purposes for which we collect and use the information and legal requirements. Some examples of our retention periods include:
- Account Information: We will retain your account information for as long as your account is active and for a reasonable period of time thereafter to provide you with continued access to our services and to comply with legal requirements.
- Usage Information: We may retain your usage information for a reasonable period of time to analyze and improve our services, but this information will generally be anonymized or aggregated.
- Marketing Communications: We will retain your personal information used for marketing communications for as long as you remain subscribed to our communications, or until you unsubscribe or request in writing the deletion of your information.
- Legal Requirements: We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as record-keeping requirements, tax or accounting obligations, or to defend legal claims.
Section 7: International Data Transfers
We may transfer your personal information to countries that have not been deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection by the European Commission or other regulatory bodies. In such cases, we will rely on appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of your personal information, such as standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules, or other recognized mechanisms for data transfer.
Section 8: User Rights and Choices
At Privatenode LLC, we respect your privacy rights and offer you certain choices about how we collect, use, and share your personal information. Depending on your location and the applicable laws, you may have the following rights:
- Right to Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you, and to receive a copy of that information.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain legal obligations.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain circumstances.
- Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, under certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit that information to another controller.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information on other legal bases.
Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it would interfere with legal obligations or harm the rights and freedoms of others. We will inform you if we are unable to fulfill your request and provide the reasons for our inability to do so.
Section 9: Third-Party Links and Services
Our website and services may contain links to third-party websites, services, and applications that are not owned or operated by Privatenode LLC. These links are provided for your convenience and information only, and we do not endorse or control the content or privacy practices of these third-party websites, services, or applications.
Privatenode LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any third-party website, service, or application. We make no representations or warranties about the security of any information you disclose to a third party, including through any social media feature that may be included on our website or services.
Section 10: Children’s Privacy
Our website and services are not directed at or intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use our website or services or provide us with any personal information.
Section 11: Sub-processors
We conduct due diligence on all sub-processors before engaging with them, and we require them to provide sufficient guarantees that they have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of your personal information.
View a list of our current sub-processors.
We regularly review and monitor our sub-processors to ensure that they continue to meet our privacy and data protection standards. We will update this list of sub-processors from time to time as necessary.
Section 13: Contact Information
300 S Main Street
Holly Springs, NC 27540
We will make every effort to address your concerns and resolve any issues promptly and effectively.
Effective Date: July 6, 2023